Sunday, December 31, 2006

Looking forward to VISTA? I think not.

This quick blog was prompted by a mates mail and reading a superb and well researched (as much as you can believe for what you read on the web anyhow) report / document at http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001/pubs/vista_cost.txt

The below was my thought back to my mate.

Elo,

hmmm... not surprised. Everything I've read about vista apart from the gui puts me off... and usually I quite look forward to the new gizmos there putting in!

Hope linux has a new gui soon and I can find that PhotoShop replacement I need!!! PhotoShop was the only thing I couldn't find a comparable equilavent for (and a graphics card with decent 3d support).

Reading that it seems the delay was probably MS waiting for someone to create some hardware potentially capable of running it rather than delays in bugs. Imagine if it had been released on time a couple years ago... can't even find enough hardware to run it properly now never mind then!

ttfn

I.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home